Souvenir of old times.
Odd-one-out among the USSR-produced cars: a pretty cabriolet, dream car of thousands in the 60’s, and a very popular old timer.
The first car was sold in 1959, afterwards, the 450 model was designed, which differed from its ancestor. The new model was similar to Octavia, which was a two-door-sedan with the same central tubular-framed chassis (reinforced on many points because of lack of rolling bow) in front triangular swinging arm, in rear swing axle, worm steering device, which made the owners of the Felicia very happy.
The designers did nor invest much work into the conversion. The body-ironers’ only task was to draw the lower line of the side windows downward by some inches, and to push the plate cutter backwards to the rear tail unit. The top of the luggage rack became flatter, all this modification made the otherwise lumbering back of the car more graceful.